Wednesday, September 11, 2013

September 11

Disbelief, shock, fear, anger, patriotism, faith...
Those were the emotions that swirled in my heart and mind on this day in 2001. They beat about inside my chest still today as I look back on the anniversary of that amazing tragedy. This blog is intended to be a place to talk about my writing, being published, and the occasional recipe or other fun glimpse into who I am and how that affects my writing, so I will not get political here. However, I cannot allow this day to pass without expressing myself on this subject.
The actions on that day... the actions on this day last year... and the fact that there is a Muslim march taking place in our capitol on this day (THIS DAY) of this year, leave me raw. These are hateful acts. Where is the human decency? Where is the sanctity of life? Where is thoughtful reasoning and consideration of others? It is all blinded by hate. It is so hard not to get caught in the grip of it... not to desire blood for blood. I fight those feelings every year at this time, and I have not been at the epicenter of any of these actions. I have only played witness. I have only seen human beings acting like mindless, ravenous wolves rending the sheep. It sickens me and makes the warrior blood within me boil. As a mother, though, it breaks my heart for everyone involved... because I imagine the brokenness it takes for a person to get to the place that would allow you to commit those horrendous acts against another human... and I know the deep pain of feeling that something has been violently ripped away from you. So, as a Christian, I fight toward forgiveness and love. And I pray. I pray for every heart and body and home injured by this conflict. I pray for our world, our countries, our leaders, our people. I pray for peace and understanding. I pray for healing. Join me.

No comments:

Post a Comment