Friday, October 18, 2013

Do All The Things!

Do you ever step back, look at your calender and all of the things on your "to-do" list and think... where is my straight jacket? A fabric and buckle forced self-hug sounds appropriate right now. Seriously.
My list looks something like this right now:
  1. Find an agent and/or publisher for Elhannan, Book 1 of the M'Shar Series
  2. Continue writing book 2 of the series (named, but said name unreleased to the public)
  3. Crochet 2 infinity scarves for dear friends with scarf-less necks. (Because scarves are hugs you take with you all day.)
  4. Assemble and sew signature quilt from another friend's birthday party.
  5. Assemble and sew quilt for youngest daughter's Christmas gift.
  6. Home school my oldest child. (Gosh, I am sounding more like a pioneer woman as this list grows...)
  7. Run the social media aspect of my Hubby's election campaign. (Maybe this redeems my cool factor?)
  8. Be an active part in said campaign by going to events and making myself available to the public at a moments notice.
  9. Prepare for my girls' dance studio's production of The Nutcracker, in which I am the stage director and Clara's mom. (Did I mention that all of my little family is in this? Yeah. Exciting and very, very busy.)
  10. Manage to keep my family fed, clothed, and my house in some sort of order... Oh, and feed the dog! Can't forget that! (Have you seen my sanity? I know it was here a minute ago.)
It goes on and on and I add to it constantly. But the honest truth is, I love it. I try to fill my life up with things that power me through their beauty and/or importance. Moments are not given to us to just to drift along and scatter into dust. Time is given to be seized and shaped and fashioned into something lasting. Make memories, create something from a craft that is dying away in this generation video zombies, dive into another person's life and help them to catalyze change for the better. Do something that will leave your imprint on this world when you are gone from it. None of us are promised another moment. Be crazy, embrace the busy, and do everything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment