Saturday, July 6, 2013

Fear

You know that feeling when you think that you've lost something irreplaceable? The cold tingle that seizes your spine, the sick twist in your stomach as your heart begins to thump out a thundering off kilter anti-rhythm in your chest? Yeah. That. 
I experienced that a few days ago when I thought that I had utterly lost the final two chapters of "Elhannan", the first book in my series. I've been working on for around 8 years now. Granted, most of that time has been spent in world building, but the writing itself has been proofed and changed and rewritten at least four times. That is a lot of work to have just disappear. Deep breath. Don't panic. 
I knew that even though the e file was gone, there would still be the proofed printouts somewhere. There would be, right? Um, no. 
However, all is not lost. I always write out my original work with pen and paper. There is just something more natural and flowing about it. So, here I am... Not exactly at square one... But back to work nonetheless. I'll be more careful this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment